WPC Day 1 (not counting the Day of Giving which was more like a Day 0) was kicked off with an exhilarating keynote speech at the Staples Center by Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer. Highlights of Ballmer’s WPC 2011 keynote include:
- 20% of Internet PCs worldwide now runs on Windows 7.
- Microsoft have sold over 100 million Office 2010 licenses so far.
- Office 365 is seeing great momentum and winning customers over competitors whenever they engage with them.
- Over 50,000 business have signed up for Office 365 trials so far (woohoo! Interested in a free Office 365 trial from SADA? Give us a ring!)
- 3% market share growth from last year. Now Bing holds 14.1 % of search market share in US
- Re: Windows Phone – Steve Ballmer: “We’ve gone from very small to very small but it’s been a heck of a year” — Expecting momentum from Nokia partnerships.
It is interesting to note that Microsoft revealed that for every $1 Microsoft makes, a Partner makes $8+! Definitely looking forward to what Day 2 has to offer.