Updates to Docs:
- Users may now choose to view their documents in the standard detail list, or in a thumbnail view that lets the user preview the document before opening it.
- The document search function now includes spelling suggestions; this works just like the spelling corrections in Google Search. When you enter a misspelled word in the search box, Docs will prompt you with a different spelling.
- Upload documents up to 1GB in size. This is an increase from the current 250MB limit.
To access the new features:
- Thumbnail view can be opened by clicking the new thumbnail icon located in the view options at the top right of the documents list panel.
- Google Docs search automatically offers a suggestion for the correct spelling of a word if you make a mistake entering it into the search field.
- Any document that is not being converted to a Google Doc has a file size limit of 1GB.
Updates to the Sites API:
- Copy sites and site templates using the site feed. It also now allows you to list, update, and create sites.
- Permissions can now be managed through the Access Control List (ACL). This means that sharing settings can be configured through the API.
For more information about new features in Sites, visit Google’s Sites blog: http://googlecode.blogspot.com/2010/01/create-and-share-google-sites-with-new.html
For more information on getting started with Google Apps, please click here or call 866-997-0000, option 3.