The main idea behind the entire Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) shift is to prepare and deliver an easy to use and scalable infrastructure capabilities to address your IT without limit. Making this shift also gives you more time to plan and manage your business rather than worrying about ‘keeping the lights on’. It saves organizations both time and money because Infrastructure in the Cloud is easier to manage and required less time to plan, manage and deploy servers and environments to meet the demands of the business – all without capital expenditures.There are numerous benefits of shifting to Cloud Infrastructure. The most prominent ones are as follows:
- Economies of scale – Shifting to the cloud offers economies of scale that you would have never thought possible. Under-utilization and misappropriated hardware will no longer be a concern for your business. The cloud will provide computing, storage and RAM resources on a requirement basis and you can be rest assured of the efficiency.
- Cost control – The cloud will help you save in terms of infrastructure costs. All IT infrastructure and maintenance will be handled by your cloud provider. You will not have to worry about the infrastructure maintenance and nor do you have to hire staff to maintain it. The cloud provider will do it for you. You will save a bundle in costs.
- Disposable IT – You no longer have to worry about redundant IT hardware piling up in your office. You will have the ability to create, use and destroy infrastructure based on your business needs. It will all be provided by your cloud provider.
- Burstable workloads – You can scale your demands whenever you want and your cloud provider will be able to provide exactly what you need. You can plan and organize your infrastructure to suit your needs.
- Avoiding capital expenditure – With cloud computing, you do not need to purchase expensive assets which will mount your capital expenditure. Subscriptions to cloud computing can be put in operating expenses with no need to amortize hardware costs over time.