If you wish to prevent users from publishing documents to the public internet, we now offer an admin control in the Google Apps Control Panel that allows users to continue to ‘share documents outside the domain’ without allowing them to publish the files to the public Internet. To change this setting, follow these steps:
– Login to your admin control panel
– Select Service Settings > Docs
– Un-check the option ‘Users can publish documents to the public internet’
If a user does not want their published Docs to be crawled, then the user must unpublish them by doing the following:
– Go to the ‘Share tab’
– For documents and spreadsheets, choose ‘Publish as web page’. For presentations choose ‘Publish/embed’
– Click on the button that says ‘Stop publishing’
For more details, please see this Help Center article: http://www.google.com/support/
This is a very exciting change as your published docs linked to from public websites will reach a much wider audience of people!
Familiar, simple, secure—it's time to give G Suite a closer look.
Organizations are moving to the cloud, and for good reason. Google Apps cloud solutions make it easier to collaborate, access files on the fly, and manage security. Download this free eBook, G Suite: Key Statistics and Use Cases for the Enterprise, to learn how Google Apps are revolutionizing modern work processes.