About the tool
POP Configuration tool is a free and open Windows executable which will configure Microsoft Outlook Express, Microsoft Outlook 2003, 2002 and earlier versions of Outlook to use Google Apps via POP3/SMTP. The only information a user of the tool needs to provide is the email address and name to be displayed in the From: field.
Tool executable can be downloaded from SADA’s Website
- Make sure the email client you are configuring (Outlook Express or Outlook) is closed.
- Download and save the file.
- Double-click on the file to execute it.
- Enter your email address (the portion before @ symbol).
- Enter your full name.
- Hit Next. Hit Finish.
- Your email client is now configured to be used with Google Apps POP3/SMTP.
The source code can be downloaded from SADA’s Website
A number of UI elements in the tool can be customized, such as logo, text fields, and icon. If you’d like to modify the logo, it must be 157 pixels wide, 57 pixels high, and less than 15 kilobytes in size.
- Customize the file sada_customization.txt
- Create configuration file by running the following command: ./make_config.pl sada_customization.txt NEWDIR English
- Modify gmailconfig.nsi by replacing pop.YOURDOMAIN.com with pop.gmail.com and smtp.YOURDOMAIN.com with smtp.gmail.com
- Compile gmailconfig.nsi using NSIS
-Download and install NSIS from http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Download
-Click on compile NSI script
-Click on Load Script. This will compile the script and create tool executable
- You’re done. Distribute the executable to your users
Familiar, simple, secure—it's time to give G Suite a closer look.
Organizations are moving to the cloud, and for good reason. Google Apps cloud solutions make it easier to collaborate, access files on the fly, and manage security. Download this free eBook, G Suite: Key Statistics and Use Cases for the Enterprise, to learn how Google Apps are revolutionizing modern work processes.