Consider that MIME encoding is used when sending binary attachments. This causes files to expand up to 33%. This means a 15MB attachment may require up to 20MB or more. File expansion increases even further the more recipients to whom the message is copied. This tendency of file sizes to expand when sent through email ultimately means the best solution may be to upload large files to a single location. An ideal upload location would be secure, and allow users to easily download your files.
SADA Systems, Inc. offers one such solution to the problem of sending large files. SADA’s solution is Send IT Global, a cloud-based file transfer service. Send IT Global meets the requirements for sending large files in that it is fast, secure, and easy to use. The process for sending a large file through Send IT Global is simple:
- Go to the website located at www.senditglobal.com
- Enter your email address and the email addresses of people you wish to receive your file.
- Browse your computer for the file you wish to send, you may attach any number of files up to 2 GB.
- If you like, you can add a message to your recipients. We recommend, “This is a great, easy-to-use service. Check it out!”
- Click “Send.”
- Limit the number of times a file can be downloaded.
- Set a password to download your files. Your recipients will receive this in a separate email.
- Create a security audit-trail. This option will send you a notification when recipients finish downloading your file.)
For more information about Send IT Global, or to try the service for yourself, visit the website, www.senditglobal.com.